Soft MixerA NEW INDUSTRIAL MIXER BLADE-FREE
Most of the available mixers have propellers or blades of various shapes and size. But for specific use in pharmaceutical, food & beverage or chemical industry, these blades induce shear and/or cavitation issues, which may damage cells or molecules. Furthermore, the blade rotation leads to a boundary layer on the edge of the container, which reduces the mixing quality.
HOW IT WORKS
‘Soft Mixer’ is a mixer without blade or propeller. Inspired by works on Earth precession, this device is a simple cylinder set in rotation, with specific dimensions and tilted from the vertical. This specific configuration induces a resonance in the fluid, which leads to a complex and turbulent intern flow.
- Mixing rate improved within the fluid as well as at the free surface for gaseous exchanges
- Shearing is drastically reduced due to the absence of blade
- Simplicity : the dimensions can be adapted very quickly to obtain various volumes, with no assembly, contamination or cleaning issue.
- Proof of concept
- Development works in progress
- Mixing Processes
- Tanks, fermenters, bioreactors
- Agitators, propellers, impellers
En savoir plus sur cette technologie
Axes & sous-axes :
Analyse & fabrication de matériaux avancés, Procédés industriels
Etat Propriété Intellectuelle :
Licence et/ou collaboration R&D (co-financement possible).
Aix-Marseille Université, CNRS, Ecole Centrale Marseille