Call for maturation projects Technology Transfer - 2018 edition
Four major transfer themes, corresponding to identified industrial issues:
- Devices related to e-health, medical imaging and diagnostic devices extended to wellness and home care,
- Digital technologies including autonomous and connected objects, the processing of their massive data. These technologies can find their applications in a transversal way on all the trades of the industrial sphere,
- Technologies related to "naturalness", food, bio-control, natural active ingredients for nutraceuticals or cosmetics,
- Technologies for cosmetics based on natural or synthetic active ingredients as well as diagnostic tools for human skin. Dermatology for the prevention and treatment of chronic inflammatory skin diseases and non-melanoma skin cancers.
SATT South-East issues a Call for Projects to invest in projects for the transfer of research results within its perimeter, which must involve TRL > 3 (see Annex 4). Typical projects are projects that need additional developments allowing the transfer to an industrialist for exploitation in a product or services that will be marketed. The projects will be studied with the regional partners (Chap. 5) and will see an accelerated appraisal with, if necessary, an immediate start with a pre-maturation phase endowed with human, technical and financial resources of up to €20,000. The protection of the invention will be added for an amount of approximately 10 000€. These projects will then follow the process described in Appendix 1 for more substantial funding.
These calls for projects are addressed to all laboratories within the perimeter of the SATT South-East, wishing to create a prototype or an industrial proof of concept of an invention and meet application challenges, with a view to licensing or creating a company.
The transfer of inventions to a company or start-up is done through a license to use intellectual property assets and know-how that the South-East SATT will deposit such as :
- a title of ownership (patents, trademarks, models, drawings...),
- of a software code filed with the Program Protection Agency,
- or a document describing tangible know-how that has remained secret.
This transfer must enable a company to gain a competitive advantage by meeting its technological challenges .
Key dates of the call for projects
- Opening date of the call for maturation projects: 15 June 2018
- Deadline for submission of call for proposals: 31 August 2018 (extended to 15 Sept. 2018)
- Response on the project's entry into a transfer process: September 20, 2018
This call is addressed to the research teams of the institutions that are shareholders and founding members of SATT Sud-Est: the University of Aix-Marseille, the University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, the University of Toulon, the University of Avignon and the Pays de Vaucluse, the University of Corsica, the Ecole Centrale Marseille, the CNRS, the Inserm, the Assistance Publique-Hôpitaux de Marseille, the CHU of Nice.
In the case of multi-tutorship laboratories, one or more of which are not shareholders of SATT, the files will be deemed admissible but will be subject to verification as to the valuation mandate of the laboratory involved.
On a declaration of invention, the South-East SATT is giving itself the means to take charge of the project engineering for the transfer and the transfer strategy of the project.
The file must contain at least a declaration of invention and a planned maturation program. The maturation program remains recommended and allows to clearly orient developments according to the inventors' vision.